Along with its financial earnings report for the latest fiscal quarter, Nintendo has shared updated global sales figures for its Switch and 3DS titles. While Switch hardware sales may have dropped slightly compared to the same period last year, software sales grew significantly year-over-year, and many of the console’s biggest tiles have hit new sales milestones.
Nintendo’s best-selling Switch game, Super Mario Odyssey, moved an additional million copies since the company’s last financial report, bringing its worldwide sales total up to a staggering 11.17 million. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nintendo’s No. 2 and 3 best-selling Switch games, respectively, likewise continue to sell well; the former has now surpassed 10 million copies, while the latter has sold 9 million.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Mario Tennis Aces have also sold an impressive amount, clearing a million units each on Switch despite only launching recently. Nintendo’s spring-loaded fighting game Arms has now sold more than 2 million copies, while the two Nintendo Labo kits have sold a combined 1.39 million units.
In comparison, Nintendo’s 3DS games have sold much more modestly over the last fiscal quarter, but they continue to prop the handheld up as it enters its eighth year on the market. Mario Kart 7 remains the company’s best-selling game for 3DS at 17.21 million units. Super Mario 3D Land has now surpassed 12 million, while Animal Crossing: New Leaf inches closer to the same milestone. You can see the full top 10 list for each console below or on Nintendo’s website.
Nintendo still has big expectations for Switch this fiscal year, with a number of major games lined up for the console this holiday season, such as the new Labo Vehicle Kit, Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Let’s Go, Eevee, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. 3DS also still has some notable games on the horizon, including WarioWare Gold and remakes of Luigi’s Mansion and Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story.
- Super Mario Odyssey — 11.17 million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — 10.35 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 9.32 million
- Splatoon 2 — 6.76 million
- 1-2-Switch — 2.45 million
- Arms — 2.01 million
- Kirby Star Allies — 1.89 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 — 1.42 million
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze — 1.40 million
- Mario Tennis Aces — 1.38 million
- Mario Kart 7 — 17.21 million
- Pokemon X / Y — 16.31 million
- Pokemon Sun / Moon — 16.12 million
- Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire — 14.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 — 12.70 million
- Super Mario 3D Land — 12.12 million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf — 11.78 million
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS — 9.30 million
- Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon — 7.72 million
- Tomodachi Life — 6.25 million