Epic Games continues to expand Fortnite: Battle Royale with new updates every week, and the latest patch is no different. Update 4.51 adds the Spiky Stadium to the Playground mode, along with a new Port-a-Fortress item for all Battle Royale variants. In addition, a new LTM has been introduced: Soaring Solos.
Spiky Stadium is a deployable arena found in red Supply Drops in Playground only. It contains Bouncers and Damage Traps, and Epic says the item is designed to promote creativity amongst the community as it thinks up new activities.
Port-a-Fortress, meanwhile, instantly spawns a huge fortress for you to defend from. It comes in Legendary rarity only, and can be found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas. It appears similar to a previously-introduced item, the Port-a-Fort, except much larger.
Finally, Soaring Solos is a new mode that Epic describes as “classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.” For more on the latest Fortnite update, check out the full patch notes below, via Epic Games.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Update 4.51 Patch Notes
Limited Time Mode: Soaring Solos
Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
We’ve introduced a new consumable to the Playground LTM that will allow you to spawn an entire Spiky Stadium. We were inspired by the amazing things you’ve been making within Playground, and cannot wait to see what you create as we continue to build out the future of creative mode in Fortnite.
- Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7×11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
Weapons And Items
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Fixed an issue where there was a slight delay when consuming multiple Small Shield Potions.
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
- Reduced the edit button hold timing when using a controller.
- Old School from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Quick Builder from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Combat Pro from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Builder Pro from 0.25s to 0.15s.
- The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.
- Reload audio for the Double Barrel Shotgun no longer plays twice.
- Unsupported characters within in-game names will now show up as �, rather than the fallback debugging font glyph that was previously used. Loading the fallback font was causing long hitches for clients, so we’ve disabled it.
- Fixed an issue causing the reticle to not appear until after you’ve switched weapons.
- Added new generic icons to represent console and desktop platforms for cross-platform play.
Art And Animation
- Added edge glow to wall bounce pads, only visible from the reverse side. This is to help players recognize when a wall bounce pad is on the opposite side of a ledge in front of them.
- CUBE visual effects will no longer get stuck after a player has left the area.
- The Grill Sergeant Outfit will now render properly in-game.
- This fixes the issue where players were seeing a floating head and pickaxe.