Rockstar Games has confirmed another small but intriguing detail about Red Dead Redemption 2. We discovered in our preview recently that main character Arthur Morgan can lose his hat if he falls down hard enough. Thankfully, you can pick your hat back up. Or…you can pick up someone else’s hat.
In the session I played, my hat fell off during a scuffle with lawmen. A sheriff also lost his hat in the battle. So I picked it up and put it on. I was intrigued to know if the authorities would treat me differently. They did not.
While you can steal other character’s hats in Red Dead Redemption 2, that does not mean you should. Also of note is that you have to physically walk over to your hat to pick it up.
The ability to lose your hat and then pick it back up sounds like a small detail–and it is–but it’s one further step in Rockstar’s ambition to make Red Dead Redemption 2 a more immersive western experience.
For lots more on Red Dead Redemption 2, check out GameSpot’s hands-on preview here where we talk about new missions and discuss some of the new gameplay elements. You can also check out the stories linked below to learn more about Rockstar’s next big game.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Unsettling
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2’s HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson’s Music Again, And That Is Great News
- Here’s 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens