Yet another detail about Red Dead Redemption 2 has come to light–and it has to do with selfies. During our preview recently, we encountered a mission character who gave us a camera. You can take out the camera at any time to snap pictures of the gorgeous surroundings, but of course, the first thing we tried to do was take a selfie.
You can take selfies in Red Dead Redemption 2, but not in the way you can in Grand Theft Auto V. Instead of holding the camera and extending your arm, the “selfie” perspective is called “self-portrait” and it shows Arthur Morgan from a further away perspective.
There are a number of different poses–like squatting and standing with your arm on your waist–and expressions you can select from. You can then share your snaps to your Rockstar Social Club page. it’s not immediately clear if you can post your selfies directly to social media from the game, but we hope so.
For lots more on Red Dead Redemption 2, check out GameSpot’s hands-on preview here where we talk about new missions and discuss some of the new gameplay elements. You can also check out the stories linked below to learn more about Rockstar’s next big game.
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Unsettling
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2’s HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson’s Music Again, And That Is Great News
- You Can Lose Your Hat In Red Dead Redemption 2. And Then You Can Pick Up Another Hat
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Here’s 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens