We’re weeks away from the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2, and Rockstar is ramping up with a steady stream of new details. Today the studio outlined the wide variety of fauna to be found in the Old West, which can be hunted, skinned, and sold in your spare time between missions.
The official blog shows several species, including deer, coyotes, wolves, vultures, eagles, alligators, bears, fish, gila monsters, and various horses. Hunting and fishing will provide you with food, crafting materials, and income. Your choice of weapon will impact the value of the meat or pelt, with the bow being your best bet for a clean kill. You can then skin and butcher the animal yourself or take it with you. If you leave an animal out for too long scavengers will come to take your kill before you can use it.
To get around, you’ll rely on your own animal companion, a trusty horse. There are 19 breeds of horse in all, and they can be captured and broken or bought from stables. Keeping your horse groomed and fed will contribute to its ratings for attributes like stamina and handling. Horses also have 59 different styles of coat, and you can customize your saddles, horns, stirrups, and spurs.
Rockstar and Sony also announced a special PS4 Pro bundle that includes Red Dead Redemption 2, essentially at no additional charge. For more details check out our pre-order guide.
Red Dead Redemption 2 News And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here’s Everything We Saw
- Watch: We Played Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All The New Features
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Most Surprising Features And Details
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything We Just Learned
- Like GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Playable In First-Person
- Here Are Red Dead Redemption 2’s HUD Options
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Arthur Can Swim, Unlike John Marston
- Here’s 27 New Red Dead Redemption 2 Screens
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Feature Woody Jackson’s Music Again
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Has A Selfie Camera
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Lets You Drift On A Horse
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s New Animal-Skinning Animation Is Truly A Sight To Behold
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Online Mode Gets A Beta A Month After Release Day
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Online Mode Is Launching After The Main Game
- Rockstar Will Stagger GTA 5 Online And Red Dead Online Update Releases
- Red Dead Online Learns Its Lessons From GTA Online