While Venom wasn’t a critical success, it made over $800 million internationally at the box office during its theatrical run. And soon, those who enjoyed the movie can pick up a copy for themselves, which will be packed with extras.
Venom hits the digital market on December 11 and will get a home release–on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K–on December 18, and both releases will contain a slew of special features giving viewers greater insight into the movie. This includes three deleted scenes, one of which is an extended version of the post-credit sequence revealing a pretty big name Marvel villain.
Also, there is a special feature titled “Symbiote Secrets,” which explains the hidden Easter eggs throughout the movie. The rest is pretty standard affair like behind-the-scenes featurettes on the stunts, putting the movie together, designing Venom, and the progression of the film’s visual effects.
If you need more Spider-people in your life, there is also a sneak peak at December’s Into The Spider-Verse, which is coming to theaters on December 14. Also, there is reportedly already a sequel to Spider-Verse in the works, which will star female heroes from the first movie.
Below you’ll find the full list of special features revealed by Sony for the upcoming Venom home release. GameSpot’s Mike Rougeau said in his review, “Venom has all the ingredients of a decent superhero movie–10 or 15 years ago. With spotty CGI, poorly drawn characters, tonal inconsistency including forced “edginess” and awkward humor, sidelined female characters, and even cringeworthy licensed musical cues, it feels like a relic from the distant, pre-Marvel Cinematic Universe past.”
Venom Special Features:
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight chorography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek