Fortnite‘s 9.10 content update is now live across PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. As the official patch notes detail, this week’s update brings another new weapon to the hit battle royale shooter, along with a trio of limited-time modes and some new content for Fortnite Creative and Save the World.
Headlining this week’s update is a new gun: the Burst SMG. It’s available in common, uncommon, and rare varieties and can be found as floor loot or in chests and vending machines. The new gun features a 24-round magazine and uses light ammo. However, to make room for it, Epic has vaulted another weapon: the Suppressed Submachine Gun.
Alongside the Burst SMG, Epic is adding three different LTMs to the rotation this week. First is Solid Gold Duos, which only features Legendary-variant weapons. Next is Unvaulted Squads; as its name suggests, this mode only features items that are vaulted in standard play. Finally is Close Encounters Squads, which has you doing battle using shotguns and jetpacks.
Beyond that, Epic has made it so that four Hot Spots now appear during Team Rumble. According to the developer, this was done “to ensure that there is at least one on each side more often,” although the studio says this is a “temporary fix.” Meanwhile, a new hero has been added to Fortnite’s Save the World mode, and there are a handful of new galleries in Fortnite Creative. You can read the patch notes for this week’s Battle Royale changes below; the full notes can be found on Epic’s website.
In other Fortnite news, players have recently spotted a giant eyeball encased in ice within the game. The eye can be found underneath Polar Peak. It’s still unclear just what this means for the game, although fans are theorizing it could lead to some kind of community event or even a Godzilla: King of the Monsters tie-in, which certainly wouldn’t be out of the ordinary, as Epic has previously held tie-in events for John Wick and Avengers: Endgame. You can watch some footage of the eyeball here.
Fortnite 9.10 Content Update Patch Notes
Limited-Time Mode Rotation
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Unvaulted Squads
- Battle Royale gameplay with a limited set of weapons made up entirely of items that are vaulted in the standard modes.
- Close Encounters Squads
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
Weapons & Items
- Burst SMG
- Available in Common, Uncommon and Rare variants.
- Fires a quick 4 round burst.
- Deals 23, 24, 25 damage.
- 1.75x headshot multiplier.
- 24 round magazine.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Uses Light Ammo.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Common, Uncommon, Rare
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Now spawning 4 hot spots each match, to ensure that there is at least one on each side more often. This is a temporary fix until we can set up functionality to force the same number on each side in big team modes.