Fortnite Season 9 is coming to a close very soon. The final set of weekly challenges from this season rolled out earlier this month, and a giant robot recently did battle with the monster that was once encased in ice beneath Polar Peak, changing the landscape of the island and setting the stage for Season 10 to begin in August.
Before we get there, however, developer Epic Games still has some Season 9 content in store for players. Not only is there a Fortnite birthday event coming up this week (which is expected to introduce its own assortment of tasks to complete and rewards to unlock), the studio has released a set of Overtime challenges. These tasks encourage players to make the most of the remaining time in Season 9 by powering through Battle Pass levels and unlocking cosmetics.
The first set of Overtime challenges is now live across all platforms, with additional tasks on the way over the next few days. Like weekly challenges, these are divided up into two categories, one of which is available to everyone, while the other is reserved for those with a Season 9 Battle Pass.
We’ve rounded up all of the Fortnite Season 9 Overtime challenges available so far below. Check back often, as we’ll continue to update this list as more challenges become available. If you need a little assistance with some earlier missions, you can check out our comprehensive Fornite Season 9 challenge guide, which we’ve been updating with guides and helpful information from the very start of the season. It has everything you could possibly need to know to get caught up fast.
Fortnite Season 9 Overtime Challenges
- Stage 1 of 2: Reach Battle Pass tier 23 — Skin reward
- Stage 2 of 2: Complete free Overtime challenges (3) — Skin reward
- Stage 1 of 2: Reach Battle Pass tier 71 — Skin reward
- Stage 2 of 2: Complete free Overtime challenges (6) — Skin reward
- Stage 1 of 2: Reach Battle Pass tier 87 — Skin reward
- Stage 2 of 2: Complete free Overtime challenges (9) — Skin reward
- Eliminate others with the assistance of a Friend in your party (25) — 2,500 XP reward
- Damage opponents with shotguns [try Party Assist!] (2,500) — 2,500 XP reward
- Visit Loot Lake, Polar Peak, and Pressure Plant — Ready to Fight loading screen
Visit Loot Lake, Polar Peak, And Pressure Plant
Most of the initial Season 9 Overtime challenges are fairly straightforward, but the one that’ll require the most legwork asks you to visit three different locations: Loot Lake, Polar Peak, and Pressure Plant. Fortunately, this task is easy enough to complete. All you need to do is make your way to the aforementioned locations at some point during a match. You don’t need to visit all three within a single round, so you can land in one, get yourself eliminated, then jump into a new match and glide to the others until you’ve visited all three. Complete the challenge and you’ll unlock a special loading screen for your troubles.