The final major event of Year 2 of Destiny 2 is now live, as is a new update. Patch 2.5.2 is out now and coincides with the start of Solstice of Heroes 2019, which features a limited-time mode and a variety of cosmetics (including sparrows, emotes, and ghosts, among other things). Here’s what’s new in the update itself and a look at the full patch notes.
While the update’s release marks the start of a big event, the patch itself doesn’t feature much in the way of significant new features. Instead, it largely deals with fixing or improving a variety of areas of the game, starting with Lord of Wolves. The Exotic has been dominant of late in Crucible, so much so that Bungie will be rewarding players with an emblem if they took part in Iron Banner while it was left unchecked. But this patch should mark the end of that, as the shotgun’s effective range has been reduced, and shotgun scavenger perks will now provide the weapon with less ammo when it’s in Release the Wolves mode.
The Triumph Hall sees some adjustments, including making the Emperor’s Gladiator and Scoundrel in Uniform triumphs less difficult to complete. Rather than requiring a full set of Leviathan gear, you’ll now earn progress based on how many pieces you have equipped, bringing it in line with other, similar triumphs. Additionally, Bungie has addressed a glitch that allowed players to farm tributes by using alternate characters; those who did this to obtain the Bad Juju catalyst or emote will no longer have access to those things until they fulfill the requirements the proper way.
Iron Banner may have just wrapped up, but Bungie has made some changes to it, too, making it easier to complete the quest steps involving grenade and sword kills. Likewise, the Menagerie has been updated so that its Heroic version is now guaranteed to drop a sword for players after their first completion. Subsequent completions have a 25% chance to drop a sword.
Various other nagging issues have also been resolved, and you can see everything that’s changed in the patch notes below. Note that the new content–including the European Aerial Zone mode and various cosmetics and Solstice armor–aren’t mentioned here, but all of those are now available for you to check out and obtain for a limited time.
Destiny 2 Update 2.5.2 Patch Notes
- Lord of Wolves
- Reduced the amount of ammo that Shotgun Scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when it is in the Release the Wolves state
- Decreased the effective range on Lord of Wolves
- This decrease is more aggressive when the weapon is in the Release the Wolves state
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Feeding Frenzy perk to be applied to any weapon
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Iron Symmachy Cloak wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Terra Concord Mark wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed a bug where the Titan Exotic leg armor Peregrine Greaves glowed 130x too bright when wearers were at maximum velocity
- While our intention was for this Exotic to help Titans destroy opponents with 130x efficiency, we did not intend for its glow to burn out the corneas of the user
- The Tribute Hall Triumphs “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “The Scoundrel in Uniform” no longer require you to equip a full set of Leviathan gear to progress
- Players will now earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs
- Players will no longer be able to place the Tribute Hall introductory tribute on an alternate character to gain credit for a large number of tributes placed
- Players who accessed the catalyst or emote rewards through this method will have those items relocked until they place enough unique tributes to meet the actual unlock requirements
- Iron Banner pursuit objective values have been adjusted
- Reduced the grenade kills required by 50%
- Ally grenade kills are now worth as much as your own
- Reduced the Sword kills required by 25%
- Ally Sword kills are now worth as much as your own
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to equip Season 3 Iron Banner ornaments on their Season 7 armor
- The Wolf’s Favor will no longer drop from daily and weekly Iron Banner challenges
- Fixed an issue where the Triumph “Efrideet’s Gift” was not unlocking for players who earned enough Iron Banner rank-up packages during Season 7
- This fix is retroactive; it will get players up to speed who have met the requirements
Menagerie / Chalice
- Heroic Menagerie now drops a Sword for first-time completion (100%)
- Subsequent completions have a moderate chance to drop a Sword (25%)
- Fixed an issue where the Triumph “Drink Deep” would not unlock for some players who claimed the Masterwork slot on the Chalice of Opulence
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in the Season of Opulence intro quest by unlocking the first rune slot on the Chalice before completing the Lost Sector The Conflux and being on the correct quest step
- Imperials and runes can no longer be earned by idling through matches of Crucible and Gambit
- Replaced the step of the Truth quest chain requiring the bounty “Corsair Down” with a step requiring completion of three patrols in the Dreaming City
- Fixed a bug where players could become blocked from earning Truth if they opened the Ascendant chest in the strike “Warden of Nothing” before being on the appropriate quest step
- Fixed an issue where completion notifications would not appear after players completed bounties
- This will also fix an issue where players would sometimes not spawn during a Crucible match