WWE 2K20 is changing things up this year by having its Showcase Mode focus on multiple wrestlers: the Four Horsewomen. Coming up together in WWE’s developmental system and arguably the four most talented women out of the first wave of female NXT callups, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte’s WWE careers will be the subject of the mode this year. Now, we know exactly what matches will be included for October’s game.
This year’s Showcase will begin with the very first NXT Takeover back in 2014 where Charlotte Flair took on Natalya for the NXT Women’s Championship, and both wrestlers were joined by their reletives: Ric Flair and Bret Hart, respectively. That means we’ll be missing out on a few key things from earlier on, like the stable The BFFs, and Becky doing an Irish jig to the ring.
Throughout the 15 matches included in Showcase Mode, three will be from NXT Takeovers, with the Bayley vs. Sasha Banks Brooklyn bout being the pinnacle of greatness from the Four Horsewomen in NXT. Obviously, 2K can’t delve too much into NXT, as a few of the other wrestlers the Showcase subjects took on are no longer with the company, like Emma and BFFs member Summer Rae.
Below, you’ll find the listing for every match you’ll get to play in this year’s Showcase Mode, which covers the time-span of 2014 until this year’s Wrestlemania 35. The biggest surprise from this news is that the Evolution PPV arena will be available to play in as well as a few more reveals for the very large WWE 2K20 roster.
WWE 2K20 2K Showcase: The Women’s Evolution
- NXT TakeOver – Charlotte Flair w/ Ric Flair v. Natalya w/Bret Hart
- NXT TakeOver: Rival – Sasha Banks v. Charlotte Flair v. Bayley v. Becky Lynch
- NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn – Bayley v. Sasha Banks
- Night of Champions 2015 – Charlotte Flair w/Paige & Becky Lynch v. Nikki Bella w/Brie Bella & Alicia Fox
- WrestleMania 32 – Charlotte Flair w/Ric Flair v. Becky Lynch v. Sasha Banks
- RAW – Sasha Banks v. Charlotte w/Dana Brooke
- Backlash – Becky Lynch v. Alexa Bliss v. Carmella v. Naomi v. Natalya v. Nikki Bella
- Hell in a Cell – Charlotte Flair v. Sasha Banks
- Elimination Chamber – Becky Lynch v. Mickie James
- RAW – Bayley v. Charlotte Flair
- Fastlane – Sasha Banks v. Nia Jax
- WrestleMania 33 – Bayley v. Charlotte Flair v. Nia Jax v. Sasha Banks
- WrestleMania 34 – Charlotte Flair v. Asuka
- Evolution – Becky Lynch v. Charlotte Flair
- WrestleMania 35 – Becky Lynch v. Charlotte Flair v. Ronda Rousey
Aside from Showcase Mode, the other cover star–Roman Reigns–will have his career featured in a special Towers Mode. 2K is also taking this year’s edition in a new direction, introducing a new form of DLC called WWE Originals, which features fictionalized versions of WWE superstars. The first pack, titled “Bump in the Night,” will allow players to control Braun Strowman as Frankenstrowman and other wrestlers modeled after horror movie characters. WWE 2K20 comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 22, 2019.