According to YouTuber Menthex, there are 15 challenges in total. Completing them allows you to unlock unique Halloween-themed rewards. Bloody Harvest is scheduled to end December 5, so you have until then to complete all 15 of its challenges. We’ve outlined all of them below.
Borderlands 3 Bloody Harvest Challenges
- An Eye for Quality Hecktoplasm – Kill 20 Loot Ghosts
- Chaotic Good Cleric – Kill 500 Ghosts in Mayhem Mode
- Charon’s Toll – Collect 50 pieces of Bloody Harvest loot
- Easy as Pumpkin Pie – Solve the Pumpkin Puzzle
- El Compeon Fantasmal – Kill Haunted El Dragon Jr
- Exorcist – Kill 150 Haunted Badasses
- Friends Don’t Die – Kill Haunted Demoskaggon
- Heckraiser – Loot a Bloody Harvest Legendary
- I am Rakkman! – Kill Haunted Rakkman
- Lawful Good Cleric – Kill 250 Ghosts
- My Boss has been Ghosting me all Week – Kill Captain Haunt
- Nate’s Hostile – Kill Haunted Borman Nates
- Pumpkin Spiced – Equip 3 pieces of Bloody Harvest loot at the same time
- Reap What You Sow, Bro – Kill Captain Haunt with a Bloody Harvest gun
- Snowball’s Chance in Heck – Kill 100 Haunted enemies with Cryo Damage in the Heck Hole
You can’t jump into Bloody Harvest until you’ve unlocked Sanctuary III, the hub area in Borderlands 3. Once you’ve reached Sanctuary III, talk to Maurice to begin the event. He’ll be the sentient fire-breathing dinosaur creature wandering around. Speaking with Maurice unlocks a quest to hunt down Hecktoplasm. Once you’ve acquired a sufficient amount, you’ll unlock a new area, Heck, where you can battle against the dead spirits of enemies you’ve long since killed. There’s a new boss in the area too, Captain Haunt.
At a glance, it looks like you’ll actually complete most of the Bloody Harvest challenges by completing the quests you get from Maurice. You’ll have to kill haunted enemies anyway to earn Hecktoplasm, and your journey to Heck will see you go up against even more haunted creatures and earn Bloody Harvest loot–such as a new legendary shotgun. The only ones you likely have to keep conscious track of while playing are killing Captain Haunt with a Bloody Harvest gun, solve the Pumpkin Puzzle, and kill 100 haunted enemies with Cryo damage in the Heck Hole.