While services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu offer up a variety of different genres for their content, there is only one streaming service that specializes in horror, and that’s AMC’s Shudder. And the service just revealed what’s coming out for the month of November.
On November 1, there are a couple classic ’90s horror movies to check out. First, there’s Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight. The film follows a man trapped in a hotel, protecting a vile of ancient blood who is being hunted by a demon (Billy Zane). Directed by Ernest R. Dickerson (The Walking Dead, Dexter), the movie is a feature-length spinoff of the HBO series Tales from the Crypt. Also arriving that day is the very meta Wes Craven’s New Nightmare. Starring Heather Langenkamp as herself, the film follows the former Nightmare on Elm Street actress who is haunted by a demon who has taken on Freddy’s form. Trying to figure out why a fictional monster from her past acting gig is terrorizing her and her son, she enlists the help of Wes Craven, who is writing the very movie they are starring in.
The other must-watch movie of November is Takashi Miike’s Audition, which arrives on November 4. Audition follows a widower who has trouble finding new love years after his wife’s passing, so his son holds an audition for a fake movie for a lead actress, in hopes the man will move on. However, the woman he becomes obsessed with is a bit deranged. If you’ve seen the film, then the phrase “tik tik tik tik” brings back some horrific imagery.
Below, you’ll find everything headed to Shudder for the month of November, with the first of the month launching four titles you’ll really want to check out or watch again.
New to Shudder in November
- Session 9 (Director: Brad Anderson)
- Trick ‘r Treat (Director: Michael Dougherty)
- Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Director: Ernest Dickerson)
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (Director: Wes Craven)
- Audition (Director: Takashi Miike)
- Deep Murder (Director: Nick Corirossi)
- Re:Born (Director: Yuji Shimomura)
- Bride of Re-Animator (Director: Brian Yuzna)
- Tetsuo (Director: Shinya Tsukamoto)
- A Bluebird in my Heart (Director: Jérémie Guez)
- The Cat O’ Nine Tails (Director: Dario Argento)
- Season of the Witch (Director: George A. Romero)
- Nekrotronic (Director: Kiah Roache-Turner)
- The Baby (Director: Ted Post)