Respawn has released a new update for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The update addresses a few bugs and implements several gameplay improvements, but is mostly aimed at unlocking limited-time pre-order cosmetics for all players.
Those that pre-ordered Fallen Order received a special orange lightsaber blade color, as well as two hilts for Cal’s lightsaber–the Mygeeto and Umbaran. Pre-ordering the game also unlocked an exclusive skin for both BD-1 and the Mantis. Now, all of that content is available for players, regardless of whether they pre-ordered the game or not.
The remainder of the update addresses certain in-game bugs, such as implementing a fix for the glitch that allowed you to use the Photomode camera to explode rockets. That’s probably the big one, but there are a few smaller fixes as well–including improvements to language translations and collision. You can read through all the changes in the full patch notes, which are listed below.
In GameSpot’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order review, Phil Hornshaw wrote, “[Especially] as it wears on, Fallen Order becomes perhaps the strongest conception of what playing as a Jedi Knight ought to really be like. It’s true that Fallen Order borrows liberally from other action games, but those elements work together with Respawn’s combat and environment design, and a story that finds humanity in the Force and in its characters, to hone in on what makes the world of Star Wars worthy of revisiting again and again. Even with some rough edges, Fallen Order represents one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.”
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order January 15 Update Patch Notes
Fixes & Improvements
- We’ve fixed an issue where Bounty Hunters would sometimes get stuck in Zeffo.
- Not only was the Photomode camera able to explode rockets, it could interact with trigger volumes within the levels that could potentially break the game. We’ve fixed this to ensure that you can continue playing the game after using Photomode. Unfortunately, this also means that rockets will be unaffected by the camera moving forward.
- There was a bug that was causing one of the elevators in the last level to have a tendency of disappearing. It should now be present at all times.
- We’ve improved collision on Ilum.
- Our language translations have been updated.
- There was an issue where some text was overlapping in Photomode for specific screen ratios. That has been fixed.
- The Albino Wyyyschokk tactical guide entry wasn’t appearing for all users, this should now be fixed.
- We’ve fixed Gorgara having a tendency to disappear at specific times on Dathomir.
- Pre-order content has now been unlocked for all players. This content includes:
- Orange Lightsaber Blade Color
- Mygeeto Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
- Umbaran Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
- BD-1 Skin
- Gold Squadron Stinger Mantis Skin